Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A new day

Today is the first official day I started my program and I have to say I have done very well. I journaled the food I ate and the water I drank. I walked around the park at work (1/2 mile) with a co-worker and enjoyed the great day in Minnesota. I was bummed to realize that after wearing my pedometer all day long that the battery died. But, with a quick trip to Target after work I solved the problem. I bought some new socks, undies and a sports bra. My goal tomorrow is to wake up 30 minutes early and go for a walk with my dogs. I have no excuse.

I emailed the nurse I met with yesterday and sent her the Open letter to food I wrote a couple of weeks ago. She was very impressed and wanted to know if she could share it with the Doctor and some of her other patients. I was flattered and of course said yes. If my writing and sharing what I am going through can even help one other person than it's worth it.

I am going over to my mom's tonight for dinner and she is fixing my chicken differently than hers so I can enjoy it. I don't feel stressed about it all. My sister and I are going to put the finishing touches on our Ireland trip so the evening should be lots of fun.

It was a great new day and I am looking forward to tomorrow.

1 comment: