Tomorrow is my first appointment at the U of M Weight Management Center. It's at 10:30 and my sister will be going with me. For support and as another set of ears in case I miss anything. I wrote out the questions I could think of and I also wrote down all my attempts at loosing weight, be it with weigh watchers or on my own. I've never written that down before and it was something to see all my failed attempts.
Part of me is trying really hard to not feel like a failure by going to get this surgery done. I mean I did this to myself and I should be able to take it off by myself, but I can't. I just can't seem to get very far before I fall again and usually into a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I suck at will power when it comes to food. Bottom line.
When I got home this afternoon I had a message on my phone from a nurse at the U of M wanting to know if I had any questions about my appointment tomorrow. Even though I wasn't home to take the call it made me feel good that she called. It made me feel like this was something important to them and to me.
I have joined a couple of online support groups and after reading some of the posts I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what to expect throughout the process, especially after surgery. I like being informed, always have and always will be. It's part of who I am. I'm the first one to tell someone if I like something and the first one to tell someone I didn't. So, I'm going in to my appointment tomorrow armed with a list of questions and when I come out I will be informed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're doing all the right things. You've got the right mind set. You've got support. You're on the cusp of a great new beginning Michelle!
ReplyDelete